2013 Maintain, Don’t Gain Challenge
Made possible through funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Tanner Health System and community partners are sponsoring the Get Healthy West Georgia 2013 Maintain, Don’t Gain Challenge from July 29 to Oct. 21, 2013. Best of all, it’s free for anyone who lives and works in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
How It Works
Join the challenge now by simply clicking Get Started. You will need to register as a new user, complete a short health assessment and accept the invitation to join the challenge. Now the fun begins! During the challenge, you’ll use the Get Healthy West Georgia tracking tool to track your exercise and food intake, chart your weight loss progress and see how you’re doing in comparison to others. For more information on the challenge, weigh-in locations and more, click Frequently Asked Questions.
What You Can Win
The Grand Prize winner will win a Fitbit wireless fitness tracking device, selected in a random drawing of all the participants who have maintained or lost weight during the 12-week program. For more information about the “rewards” and rules, click Rules.
- Registration: July 15 – July 28
- Initial weigh-in: July 22 – July 28
- Challenge period: July. 29 – Oct. 21
- Final weigh-in: Oct. 14 – Oct. 28
- Winners announced: Oct. 26
- Must be age 18 or over and live or work in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
- This is an individual weight loss/weight maintenance challenge.
- Weigh-ins will be conducted at official weigh-in locations located in Carroll, Haralson and Heard counties. The weigh in dates and locations are listed here.
- A Get Healthy West Georgia staff member will measure “official” height, weight and optional waist circumference and enter them into the computer for initial and final weights.
- Weekly weigh-in is encouraged and will be entered in the challenge on an individual basis by the user. These are not “official” weights.
- One point per week can be earned for entering the weight. One additional point will be earned if the weekly self-entered weight is the same or less than the official starting weight. An additional ten points will be earned if the official final weight is at or below the official starting weight at the final weigh-in.
- Points will be offered for blogging, challenges, reading articles focusing on nutrition and exercise throughout the challenge to keep you motivated.
- The grand prize of this 12-week maintenance period will be a Fitbit wireless fitness tracker. The winner will be randomly selected from all individuals who have lost weight or maintained their weight during the 12-week program, based on the final “official” weigh-in weight.
How do I join?
Click on Get Started. Register as a new user (or log in if you are already registered). Complete a short health assessment. Accept the invitation to join the challenge. Please register on-line before the initial weigh-in.