2014 Weight Loss Challenge
The Get Healthy West Georgia 2014 Weight Loss Challenge is a free 12-week program in which teams and individuals compete to lose weight, increase exercise and improve nutrition. Team formation is encouraged, as team weight loss and exercise is fun and effective as it harnesses the power of positive peer pressure, the excitement of achieving goals with team mates and the thrill of competition. Prizes will be awarded to winners in team and individual categories.
For more information, view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Registration: Jan. 1 to Jan. 26
- Initial weigh-in: Jan. 19 to Jan. 26
- Challenge period: Jan. 27 to April 28
- Final weigh-in: April 20 to April 27
- Winners announced: May 3
- Must be age 18 or over and live or work in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
- Must have a BMI of 25 of greater to be eligible for challenge weight loss prizes. Those with a BMI of less than 25 may participate in the program and be eligible for prizes based on points for participation.
- For complete challenge rules, go to the Rules page.
- This is a team and individual weight loss challenge.
- Teams may consist of five to 10 members. Team members may be family, friends or co-workers who live or work in Carroll, Haralson or Heard counties.
- Individuals may compete in the individual category.
- Companies and Faith based organizations
- Initial weigh-in will be conducted Jan. 19 to Jan. 26 at official weigh-in locations.
- A Get Healthy West Georgia staff member will measure “official” height, weight and optional waist circumference and enter them into the computer for initial and final weights.
- Final weigh-in will be conducted April 20 to April 27 at official weigh-in locations.
- Weekly weigh-in is encouraged and will be entered in the challenge on an individual basis by the user. These are not “official” weights.
- Appointments are not necessary; just choose a location and time below.
- The Grand Prize winner will win an Apple iPad 2 (which has a value of approximately $399). The grand prize winner will be randomly selected from the individuals who have lost at least 10% of their weight during the 12-week program.
- Other winners will receive a Fitbit Flex wireless activity tracker (value of approximately $100). Other prizes will be awarded throughout the challenge through weekly random drawings of the challenge participants.
- The winners of the weight loss challenge will be announced at the end of challenge celebration on May 3, 2014.
- All participants who participate in the final weigh in will receive a prize for participation.
- For more information about the prizes, visit the Challenge Rules page.